Friday, October 28, 2011

Day 2... I'm still alive!

Day 2 in the bag!

It was a little tough going because it snowed here last night, so the street was a little slippery. I walked on peoples' yards where possible. Almost fell a few times. Falling while walking down the street - that'd SO be a Lindsay move! I walked the same distance in less time. Suppose I should up my distance on Sunday morning, eh? (Oh yeah - I just pulled out the "eh")

Walking in the cold was kind of nice. Woke me up a little that's for sure!

Why didn't any of you tell me I was going to need tissues??? The second I start walking, it's like a faucet was turned on! Maybe I'll go old school and get a hankie.....

I guess congrats need to go out to the Cards for forcing Game 7. Poor Rangers..... they were thisclose last night!

190 days until I meet the Zombies!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck Lindsay! You can do this.

    When I was running faithfully, I would run a loop along these same streets. Sometimes the traffic got to be a bit annoying but the only times I was really scared was by the pond when the guardrails prevent you from hitting the lawns. Depending on where you go and what side streets you hit, the same roads can get you anywhere from a mile to 6 miles pretty easily -- if you haven't seen it already I've always been a fan of gmap-pedometer (google it) for finding out how long a route is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You already did this today? In the crap weather?? Oh man, you already have more drive than I do. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! A little further and/or a little faster everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave - Once I get a little better, I'll have to take a look at those routes around the neighborhood!
    Jess - Yep! My alarm goes off at 6:50 on my walk/run mornings and I'm out the door by 7:10 at the latest! I'd rather do it in the cooler/cold weather than in the heat anyday!
    Derek - I'm trying! :-)

    ReplyDelete