Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Kickboxing (aka Ass Whoopin')

I had my first kickboxing tonight. It was so hard - harder than anything else I've ever done in my life. Even harder than delivering Miss Mayhem!


It's at an MMA studio, so it's a lot tougher than a cardio kickboxing class that you'd take at a gym. It's taught by MMA fighters/instructors and they kick your arse for an hour straight! Boxing gloves, pads and everything!


I almost quit halfway through the class - it was that hard. But I took a few minutes to give myself a pep talk and catch my breath and went back to it. I had to keep taking quick breaks, but I kept going and finished the class by doing push-ups!


I have 9 classes left (I bought a 10-class Groupon). Old Lindsay would just quit and say it's too hard. But I'm making a commitment to myself - and telling you guys so that I have someone to hold me accountable - that I'm going to finish the rest of the classes! 


2012 is The Year of Lindsay and this is one of the things I'm committed to doing this year!



2 comments:

  1. Great work! I have always found kick boxing extremely difficult, so congrats for finishing. I'm glad you stuck it out because it is amazing how horrible you can feel during a workout, but the feeling you get when you're finished is totally worth it! :)
    Each week you should just try to think of how amazing you will feel and look once you complete all 10 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aimee! I was telling someone that it was awesome and horrible all at the same time! LOL

    ReplyDelete